Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, November 28, 2016

November 28, 2016

Hey Everyone!!! 

How was your thanksgiving?! I hope it was good! In Nebraska it was so good! Holidays on the mission are so much fun! I definitely ate waaaay too much, but what's new? haha Transfers are this week and Sister Bengtzen and I are freaking out... since I don't know if I am being transferred or not, here is the mission office address, and you can send letters there! 

Sister Kelsey Rook
11027 Martha St. 
Omaha, NE 68144    

Miracles:

1. On Monday our car broke down again... but luckily we are working with this returning member, whose husband is not a member and he LOVES working with cars! So we called him and he was happy to help! His heart has softened so much, he used to hate missionaries, but after seeing the effect the missionaries had on his wife- he loves them now!! He is the absolute sweetest man ever! I know that one day he will be baptized! 

2. We have this potential investigator who we have been trying to get in contact with, we didn't have any luck until last week! It was going to be the last time we tried them and guess what happened?! They answered!!! They are the Ritonya family, Lydia- the mom, is from Peru and she is the cutest thing ever! Right before we taught her the Restoration we asked if there was anyone in the house who would like to listen to this message and she laughed and said yes. She thought it would be funny to invite her husband and her son who were in no way interested... she thought it would scare us off and we wouldn't come back.... little did she know she was wrong! So the whole family listened to us, the spirit was so strong in their home, it was incredible to watch their hearts soften as they listened to the spirit testifying through us. They all accepted a Book of Mormon and committed to read and pray about it, and they also accepted the invitation to be baptized!! It was so happy! It just filled our hearts with joy!!

Funny Moments:

1. Obviously Thanksgiving was this week!!!! We ate at Jonathan Robbins' (Recent Convert) sister's house! His whole family are nonmembers so it was incredible to get to know them and talk to them! I just love them so much! So Jonathan and Aidan, his son, have this thing where they make fun of me and call me "Princess" because I guess I am "proper"  when I eat... really I am just the messiest eater, so I have a napkin on my lap, they don't believe me though. Well on Thanksgiving I was bumped up from "Princess" to "Pie Queen" because I ate so many pieces of pie... On my mission I have gained this incredible talent where I can eat SO MUCH FOOD. It is pretty ridiculous... I never stop eating... its really a problem, Jonathan and Aidan are amazed by how much I eat, Sister Bengtzen makes fun of me all the time.. haha I guess its pretty funny. 

2. Sister Bengtzen is allergic to corn... You know how last week we took a pic in that cornfield? She kind of broke out in hives... it sounds sad, but I promise she is okay, its just funny because it's corn, and we are in Nebraska. 

Spiritual thought:

I want to start off with the scripture Mosiah 16:9 " He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." This verse is talking about Jesus Christ and how he is the light of the world. He is a light that can never be darkened. I love that!! It gives me such comfort knowing that whatever we are going through we can always turn to Christ and he will be our source of light when we are going through dark times. Being human, everyone goes through dark times in their life, but being followers of Christ we can be a light to someone who is in need. The church every year puts out a new Christmas video. This one is all about Jesus Christ and how he was a light to so many people, and how we can be that light for other people!! You can watch it on mormon.org . It is so good!! My challenge for everyone this week is to pray for opportunities to where you can be a light to someone, I can promise you that as you are serving others, you will be able to feel the joy That Christ felt as he was serving people!

Well I got to go!! Love you!!! Bye!!! 

Love, 

Sister Rook 

No comments:

Post a Comment