Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, November 21, 2016

November 21, 2016

Hey Fam!

So... I thought I should probably give you all a 7 month update... here it goes!

The weather is kind of strange... I'm still not used to the food... just kidding! I'm in Nebraska! I absolutely love it here! The weather finally did get cold though! Thursday it was absolutely perfect! It was around 73 degrees, then on Friday it was 20 degrees! It was so crazy! I was not expecting it at all.... It hasn't snowed yet... so we are still waiting for that.... today we are going on the hunt for hats and gloves.  :)

Alrighty, this week was pretty insane. The miracles that happened were off the wall.

1. On Saturday, right before we went in for our lunch break we went to a park to do some contacting. While we were there we met a man and his two adorable kids. He wasn't interested, but he did take a card with our number on it, in case he needed anything or knew of anyone that did. After he was done talking to us, he went home. So we talked to this other cute family who wasn't interested either... but that's okay! One day they will be. After talking to a few other people we headed back to our car, and guess what happened?! Our car would not start. It was so dead. It was bad.  So we look all over our car for jumper cables and we did not have any! We got back in the car and we were about to say a prayer when suddenly the first man we talked to was back! He got out of his car and told us that his daughter wanted to talk to us, she was about 4 years old- she was so cute, but she was so shy. We tried starting our car again... and it still didn't work. Long story short, we tried calling everyone we knew, no one answered. He ended up buying jumper cables to start our car, he said he needed them anyway. Afterwards he told us that he felt like he needed to come back to the park... he was a literal answer to prayers!!! We explained our purpose as missionaries again, and we left him with a copy of the Book of Mormon! I am just praying that he will read the Book of Mormon and call us!

2. Yesterday, Sunday, we went to this same park again on our lunch/dinner break to take a picture. You would not believe what happened. Our car would not start again. This time there was no one at the park so we couldn't share the gospel with anyone, and no one was there to help us! We said another prayer, and right after we were done this man and his family show up. We tried starting our car again, and he immediately looks at us, goes to his car and pulls out jumper cables! While he was hooking everything up, he told us he would have been at the park and hour earlier but he felt like he needed to go back and make sure he had jumper cables in his car. It was so crazy. It was an absolute miracle and answer to prayers! He accepted a Book of Mormon, and told us we could come back and teach his family!! We think we found a new way of finding people to teach... haha. Just Kidding. We are getting the car checked on for a second time today.

3. So you know how I mentioned last week that Chris brought his brother-in-law to church with him? We taught Jacob and his girlfriend Kortney yesterday!!! We taught them the restoration!!! They are so prepared!!! They had so many of their questions answered and they said they have been trying to quit smoking and drinking, and they know this is what they are supposed to be doing!!!! They are set for December 17th!

4. Kelly and Dave committed to stop smoking!!!!! It was so crazy! They both received a priesthood blessing, and they haven't smoked since! :D

There have been sooo many other miracles this week, and I wish I could share all of them with you! Since it is Thanksgiving in a couple of days, I thought this scripture was fitting. "Live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessing which he doth bestow upon you." Alma 34:38 It doesn't say that we should only be thankful once a year, or a couple times a week, but it says we should be giving thanks daily. I just want you all to know how grateful I am for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that he suffered for my sins so that I am able to return to live with him, and our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for this gospel, and all the blessings that we receive from keeping the commandments. I am just so thankful for everything! I love being a missionary, I have truly never felt more happiness and joy than I have felt here in Nebraska. Well, time is out, I have to go. I hope you all have the best week ever!! I love you all to pieces!

#sistermissionaries #NebraskaOmahaMission #bestmissionever #happyearlythanksgiving #havethebestweekever #loveyoualltopieces  

It pays off running in the morning... because you get to see this!

We went with Miguel to the trail center and passed him off to the Spanish Elders.

our first reaction to having our car die... to take a selfie.... #wehaveapicturetakingproblem

You have to have a picture in front of a cornfield if you serve in Nebraska... #missionprobs

Missionaries of the Corn? hahaha Sister Bengtzen is so cute! I can't get over how much I love this picture!


1 comment:

  1. We love having Sister Rook in the Chalco Hills Ward. She's a great missionary, and good example to my granddaughter who is preparing for a mission.

    ReplyDelete