Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, December 5, 2016

December 5, 2016

Hey Everyone!

So I don't have a ton of time today to email. But I did get transferred. I am assigned to serve in the Mormon Trail Center for 1 or 2 transfers. So I am no longer a full time proselyting missionary. It is kind of sad, but it is definitely an adventure! And it won't be like this for the rest of my mission, so that is exciting as well! I am serving in the Old Mill ward. It's not like the Chalco Hills ward at all... I miss it so much, but I am learning to love the people in this ward as well! Well time is basically out! I am so sorry this is short! Just know That I love and miss you all so much! 

I just have one miracle to share with you!!  I think a couple of week ago I told you about Cami and the pass off lesson that we had with the Ralston La Vista Elders. It was a super good lesson and she and her husband had made such a good connection with them! It just made us so happy! Well, on Saturday night she had come into the Trail Center when Sister Borla and I were on shift!! She had brought someone who was related to her, her sister maybe, and her sister's husband and her two kids! The two kids were going pretty crazy and Sister Borla and I were trying our best to keep them under control while taking them through the tour. Cami's sister had gone to the restroom, and the husband was just amazed at what the pioneers went through! I took that time to teach him the restoration. I was able to teach it simply but teach the whole thing as well! It was a complete miracle! I then offered him a Book of Mormon and asked  him if he would be interested in learning more and he was!! He filled out the light the world referral card and was so excited to learn more!! That was one of the few times that I have felt comfortable in the Trail Center because I was testifying of the things I know to be true!


Sorry if that didn't make any sense at all haha, but now I definitely got to go! Love you all!! Have the best week ever!! 


Transfers!




















 I got to see Sister Gershin!! 


I also got to see Sister Wininger!! 

We got to see Sister Oscarson!!! She was incredible! 

My cute companion and I, her name is Sister Borla and she is incredible!! 

New Sister Orientation. 3 proselyting sisters came into the Trail Center and 2 Trail Center sisters left and became full proselyting sisters.

Sister Borla and I again! 

It snowed!! 

After the Christmas Devotional. We were the only people at the church building... It was pretty awkward being with elders.... I think I might be allergic to them... hahaha 

Sister Borla's arm is not around that elder! I promise!! He was just standing pretty close and it was super awkward! 



1 comment:

  1. The Trail Center is awesome! I'm excited for Sister Rook to have the opportunity to serve there . . . particularly in the cold winter months!

    ReplyDelete