Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February 27, 2017

Hey Y'all!!  

   Holy Moly. This week has been absolutely crazy!! So transfers were this week and guess who became Mama Rook?!?! I did!!! I am training a brand new missionary, and I am now full proselyting!!! I am so stoked!! My companion's name is Sister Monroe, and she is from Gilbert, Arizona!!  She is absolutely incredible! It's almost as if she's training me! It has been less than a week of us being together and we have already seen so many miracles!! It is the absolute best! 
   On Tuesday it was so fun! Sister Preator and I got the opportunity to take out the new missionaries, and we took Sister Monroe out!! It was awesome! We prayed to find a family of 3 who lived in a blue house and had a gray car, and we found them! We also found the sweetest lady and we taught her the restoration and invited her to be baptized, the spirit was so strong, and Sister Monroe has such a powerful testimony! It was just simply incredible to follow the promptings of the spirit and to watch Sister Monroe on her first day to have the faith to find, or not to find! She is such an incredible sister and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be her companion and to try my best to train her at this time! On Wednesday we saw a ton of miracles as well. The Winter Quarters sisters gave us a referral named Kenuatta and we are teaching her now. She is such a sweet lady but the only thing is she has pretty much been addicted to drugs her whole life, so we are trying to work with her on that. The other huge miracle that happened that day was Zach! We went to go try a former investigator named DJ who lives at a group home. Turns out DJ is in jail right now... but one of the other people who live there (Zach) was taught the gospel a long long time ago. He went to the Trail Center quite a few years ago and when we knocked on his door he told us that he was just thinking about our church and the different missionaries that he met and he wants to learn more! Unfortunately he wasn't able to make it to church yesterday but I have the faith that he will come next week! Sister Monroe and I are super excited for him!!  
   As for the ward, we are trying our best to get to know everyone! I feel like I barely know anyone and so this is the perfect opportunity to try new things to get the missionary work in this ward going. This area has so much potential and I am so excited for this to be a full proselyting area! 
   Sorry for the short email this week, but I am pretty much out of time! Thank you for all the support y'all give me!! Y'all are the absolute best!! I love you to pieces!!! 

Love

Sister Rook 

Transfer Day!










New missionaries being welcomed by a chorus of Called To Serve


Waiting to see who their new companion will be!


Me and my new companion, Sister Monroe!



Hurrah for Israel!

Sister Preator and I with Sister Monroe on her first day!!! 


Sister Preator and I! It was our last picture together. 


Sister Monroe and I!! 

A generation picture!! Sis Wininger (grandma) Me (mom) Sis Monroe (baby) hehe 


The traditional new sister missionary photo in front of our host mom's zebra!

All the Sisters at the Trail Center!! I already miss them so so much!! 

Saying goodbye to Sister Cope! She is the cutest senior sister missionary ever!!! 

Saying goodbye to Elder Russell... it was so sad!! I love him so much! I can't wait for y'all to meet him one day! Sister Russell wasn't there so I didn't get to say bye to her D: 

Last Week I saw Tiana!!! It was so crazy and it made my day!!! 

It snowed!! It felt sooo good, it was like 70 degrees, then all the sudden it was snowing! It was crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment