Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

January 23, 2017

Hey Y'all!

   I decided that since my companion is from Texas and says y'all all the time that I can too :D
Oh my goodness. This week has been so crazy and so much fun!! I love Eagle Run so much!! This ward is absolutely incredible, and there are so many people who need to hear the gospel here (of course there are tons of people in every area, but we are just finding so many here) This week has just been the best! We didn't have a ton of time in our area because we had to stay at the Craig house (it is where the Trail Center leaders/sister training leaders live). We had to stay there because Bob and Lucy had family staying with them... so we were kicked out temporarily. So there was more travel time than usual... but, the time that we did have in our area we used it to its fullest! We talked to everyone we saw and there were so many miracles! Some in particular that really stood out to me were during tracting! Sister Preator and I set aside as much time as we could to tract, because we really need to find new people to teach, and guess what happened?! We found at least 3 potentials! It doesn't sound like a lot, but in our area it is! During our nightly planning the day before we set specific goals, and then something that we would look for- so like a red house or a garden or something, in our case it was a two story house with a van outside. And let me tell you, we tried every two story house and every house with a van outside, and we definitely tried every house with both! We found someone, Her name is Cynthia and she is awesome! We were able to teach her a brief restoration, she said she is pretty content with her church right now, but we plan to have missionaries try her in a couple months! Then, the other day we were tracting for only a couple minutes before our next appointment and we found the cutest old man! He was about 85 years old, and he let us teach him the restoration! We also talked about eternal families and how he could be with his family for eternity, we then asked him if he knew for 100% certainty that he could be with his family forever, and you would not believe what he said. He said no, I don't know if I can or not- do you know that? I was just so shocked because most people say that they do know that they can be with their families! So that gave us the perfect opportunity to testify to him that we could be with our families for eternity!! It was just such a sweet experience!! It it truly just filled Sister Preator and I with such joy! 
   Everyday I am striving more and more everyday to recognize the Lord's hand in my life everyday! And it is incredible to see all that he does for me and all that he continues to do for me. Since my 9 month mark I have been thinking a ton about change and how the mission changes different people and specifically how my mission has changed me, and I have decided that at the end of every lesson I am going to see how that lesson changed me! I am pretty excited! 

Well I think that is about it for now this week! Thank you so much for all the support you give me!! I love you!! 


Love, Sister Rook

. We had to say goodbye to the Crandalls this week, it was so sad- but the new directors are incredible!

We also had to say goodbye to the Clarks D: 

We also had to say goodbye to the Whittles 

We were doing service for a member in our ward and she gave us money to buy dinner afterwards... so what do we do? We go to little Cesars and we bought a pepperoni pizza... and bacon cheddar breadstick bites... and you best believe that we ate all of it! And... to top it off... we got a milk shake and finished that too... At the end of our missions people will literally have to roll us onto the plane. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment