Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, December 26, 2016

December 26, 2016

Hey Fam! 

 Happy belated Christmas!! And Happy Birthday to all the birthdays in December that I have missed... I'm  not very good at this whole emailing thing... but I'm trying to be better at remembering birthdays!   

 Christmas on the mission really is the best, it was so incredible to really ponder about my Savior and what his atoning sacrifice personally did for me. In my studies yesterday, I read Jesus the Christ, all about Christ's birth. I was just amazed at how many people recognized him as being the son of God right when he was born, it was super cool to be able to ponder about if he came right now would I recognize him? I was also able to ponder on the things I need to do differently and the little changes I need to make so I can recognize him more fully in my life. I also read the talk "Characters of Christ" by Elder Bednar, and it is just incredible, it talks all about turning outward instead of inward in any situation we are in. Christ is the perfect example of that!  

 This week has just been so fun! It felt like everyone was just in a more joyful mood, because they were, it was because of Christmas! We talked to so many people at the Trail Center as well as in our area about how Christ is the light of the world, and they were just so happy to hear about it. Most of them were not interested, but that is alright... because Sister Borla and I know that we planted seeds, and one day they will come to know that this gospel is true :) On Christmas Eve it was super cool, we were at a member's home, the Wang family,  for dinner and whenever missionaries come over they always make sure to invite a nonmember as well! They are such great member missionaries!! But earlier in the week May, the friend that they invited, had asked questions about what the purpose of life was, so they gave her some references to the Bible and Book of Mormon so that she could search for herself instead of them just telling her, and they said they would talk about it at dinner with us! And they did!! She searched and searched and she gave a phenomenal answer!  She had so many amazing questions about Missionary work and the Book of Mormon, and it was super cool to watch her faith increase the longer we talked to her. The elders taught her the Plan of Salvation that night, we would have taught it to her but we had to go to the Trail Center for a "Christmas Eve Party" . I was so sad we couldn't teach her, but the elders said it went pretty well! Sister Borla and I are going to follow up with the Wang family so we can get her information and continue teaching her! May is just the cutest, sweetest asian human in the entire world, and she is so prepared!! We are so excited!! Srylek, (pronounced shree-lek) is another investigator we have. She is about 11 years old and she has been coming to church with her best friend who is in our ward! Her family was Buddhist but they have just recently converted to Christianity, we had a lesson planned with them on Wednesday... but she ended up getting lice, so we had to cancel that lesson... We are super excited to continue teaching her and her mom! It is just so incredible to recognize all the miracles that happen everyday through out the week! 

Guess what?! Another small sorta funny miracle! I wore a shoe on my left foot yesterday and it didn't hurt!! I am so happy to be wearing normal shoes again, and most importantly I am so grateful for the miracle that this whole ordeal was, I know Heavenly Father was truly watching out for me and that he is always watching out for me. I can't run yet... but I'm sure in a couple of days I will be able too! 

Well, I think that is about it for this week! Thank you for all the support you continually give me!! I love and miss you all so much!! Im always praying for you! Have the best week ever!! 

Love,

Sister Rook


 Christmas Zone conference!!

More pics from zone conference, this was during the talent show part :) 



Silly gift exchange




Christmas Eve party at the Trail Center!


I saw a California license plate... so naturally i had to take a pic with it. 

Christmas morning we opened our packages together! 

Always gottta have those crazy pics! haha This is sister Cutler and Sister Parsons! Sister Cutler was another full proselyting sister who got moved into the Trail Center.  


Sister Borla and I with the Crandells. They are the directors of the Trail Center right now, at the beginning of the year we are getting new directors... 

After church we had a Christmas brunch.. it was super fun! 

Waiting to skype our parents!

Skyping my parents!!! 

The Schroaders!! We had Christmas dinner with them, they are so funny! 

My mom went a little crazy at the dollar store... she wrapped all of these things up and I had to read the scripture before I opened them haha it took such a long time... My favorite gift was probably the Book of Mormons I'm holding... they are from the primary in my ward back home, the kids had written their testimonies in them and they sent it to me! It was so sweet!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment