Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, December 12, 2016

December 12, 2016

Hey Everyone! 

 How have you all been? This week has been absolutely insane. It is so hard to balance out your proselyting area with the Trail Center, but somehow we are making it work!

 So many Miracles have happened this week, but I want to focus on just one that happened. This occurred yesterday afternoon after church. We went up to the TC (trail center) to go get a car because we don't have one, we participate in a car share. While we were there one of the Senior Couples, Elder and Sister Henry, wanted to tell us of a miracle that had happened to them that day. It was so fun being able to talk to them, they don't work at the TC so it was fun hearing from them! We got back in our car and we realized we had left something at our apartment and we needed it, so we drove over there and we were in a rush, we had an appointment we needed to get to and so we were literally running everywhere we could. Sister Borla got back in the car and I was backing her as fast as I could. Somehow while she was backing my foot got ran over and I fell down, she jumped out of the car and asked if I was okay and I told her to move the car because she was still on my foot. I could not move my foot at all and I couldn't put any weight on it either. Somehow we got my boot off and Sis. Borla  helped me in the car and we drove to the TC, and she miraculously carried me inside. Elder and Sister Henry felt prompted to come back to the trail center so they were there to help, which was a huge miracle. they laid me down on the couch and they took off my sock and examined my foot. It looked so wonky. It was turned sideways, and was  super lumpy and we seriously thought it was broken. After a ton of tears and phone calls Elder Henry was able to give me a blessing. The pain immediately subsided, it still hurt a ton but it was more bearable. They drove me to the urgent care/ er thing and we had to wait about 15 minutes before I could be seen, they did an examination and I could feel my foot and it didn't hurt all too bad, and it looked for the most part normal again, at least it was turned the right way- it was still pretty swollen. After some x-rays they came back and told me it wasn't broken!!!! Not a single bone was broken! They said it would take about 3 days for the swelling to stop and I could be back to normal! It was such a huge miracle, and it really strengthened my testimony of the Priesthood and how it is real. It was literally insane to watch my foot be healed right before my eyes.  I am so grateful the priesthood was restored to the earth, and that we have it today. Well, I'm not sure if any of that made any sense, but it was pretty crazy. Well I have to get going, but my challenge for all of you this week is to really look for the Lord's hand in your life this week. Whether it is a super small miracle like finding a penny on the ground or having a bone be healed he is watching out for all of his children no matter where they are or who they are. Well I got to go. I love and miss you all to the moon and back! I will talk to you next week! 


Sister Rook

P.S.-My new address is:

Sister Rook
1325 State Street
Omaha, NE  68112 

This was my boot... haha it won't go back to normal. I have no idea how we got it off my foot!

We legit found a castle... in the middle of Nebraska! It was so cool! 

  Elder and Sister Henry and Sister Borla when we got home from the hospital. I wouldn't have been able to make it without any of them there. I will always be eternally grateful for them! 
Sister Rook
1325 State St. 
Omaha, NE 68112 

No comments:

Post a Comment