Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, October 24, 2016

October 24, 2016

Hey Everyone!

 I literally have no idea what week I am on or what is going on... that is the funny thing about missions.... you never know what is going on! Well, first I have to start off by saying.... Congratulations to my sister Lacey!!!! She is now married!!!!! That is so crazy to me!!! And also.... Congratulations to Madelin Pepper and Brailey Ellis on getting engaged!!!!! That is also so exciting!!!!! With that being said..... No one else is allowed to get engaged or get married until I am home! I am sure everyone can wait a year :)

Alrighty now onto my week! Here are some miracles that have occurred!

1. Sister Bengtzen and I did not get transferred! We are both still in Chalo Hills and we are both so excited!!

2. We got to take a new missionary out! She was the cutest thing ever! She was super nervous, but she did phenomenal! in 2.5 hours we taught the Message of the Restoration 5 times, gave out 3 Books of Mormon,  and set 1 person for baptism!! It was literally a miracle that so many people were outside and willing to talk to us!

3. We saw Kelly and Dave.... They have decided they want to start taking the lessons again!!! They also fed us pizza and hot wings! I just love them to pieces! I know that Heavenly Father has something planned for them in this upcoming 6 weeks and I am so excited to see what it is!

Here is a funny thing that happened this week....
 We had about 5 minutes before 9pm last night so we decided to leave one of our members a gift! She had been going on team ups with us soooo much! She is truly amazing!   So we had this empty paper towel  roll and we drew her on it and said.... "you're on a roll" we thought it was soooo funny! Well she lives on the third floor of an apartment complex... so we knocked on the door and ran away... and guess what happened?! I tripped and fell down the stairs! It was sooo funny! I didn't get hurt, and our member loved it, so  it was well worth it!
 Also we were driving down the road today and there was road kill on the side of the road and Sister Bengtzen looked at me and said.... "well that was a GUTsy move." She is so funny, I can't get over her little jokes that she says- they make me laugh every time!

Alrighty for my Spiritual thought I chose the scripture Jacob 4;7 it says... "Neverthrless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we may have power to do these things." We all have weaknesses. But I know that If we let Jesus Christ help us, he can turn our weaknesses into our strengths! I just love that idea so much! So my challenge for you all this week is to give whatever burden  you are going through to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I can promise as you do so that you will have so much joy and peace in your life!

Well that is pretty much it for this week! I hope you all have a great rest of your week! I love and miss you all so much!!

Love,

Sister Rook 


Sister Neuberger!! She is the new missionary we took out!

Kelly and Dave!!!

The Emhes family!! They made us Micronesian food :) 

Yay for Selfie Sticks!

you always have to have a funny picture! :D

#sistermissionarieesgonewild #weareonaroll #wethinkwearesofunny #everyoneelsethinkswearecrazy #wellIgottogo #loveyou

No comments:

Post a Comment