Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 18, 2016

 Alright y'all, you are never going to believe what happened. So we didn't get to email yesterday, obviously, and let me tell you why! Late Sunday night (long after Sister Bengtzen and I had retired to bed) there was a man who was driving his tractor home to get it fixed. He was driving on the normal street when all of the sudden there was a cow on the road. A COW! He didn't have very good headlights, so by the time he saw it he was way too close to slow down. He swerved in an attempt to not hit the cow and slammed into an electricity pole. BOOM. The tractor was so heavy that it ended up knocking down 3 other power lines and the entire street lost electricity. That just so happened to be the street the library was on... so no power and no emailing! 

Just kidding! It was Columbus Day. Apparently that is a holiday and librarians are the only ones who celebrate it. 

I'm going to start out with some of the miracles that occurred this week!! 

1. We have been working with this less active member, we went to go visit him and his mom last week and he expressed to us that he has desires to go to the temple!!!! It was such a good lesson we've had with them, we are visiting them today and we are soo excited!! But the biggest miracle that happened in that visit last week was that his mom bought us toilet paper! 24 rolls... when she handed that to us Sister Bengtzen and I  were so happy that we were about to cry.... her son also gave us a package of dehydrated pineapple... its the little things that make you happy on a mission :D 

2. We did sooo much service this week!! It was the best! On Tuesday it was such a busy day, we helped someone move and then we also helped someone rip carpet out of their house! It was pretty fun! Service always makes you feel so happy! 

3. We had zone training this week- that is always good! I learned so much!! 

4. A potential called us and asked if we could meet with him the next day instead of in a week! We said of course!! We had a recent convert come with us to the lesson, he bore such powerful testimony, the spirit was so strong!

5. A couple nights ago all of our appointments fell through and we had an hour left in the night. It was raining but we went tracting anyway, the whole time people rejected us but as we were walking we were singing Called to Serve and I'll go where you want me to go, even though no one listened to us Sister Bengtzen and I were sooo happy! We truly found joy in this work! 

My Spiritual thought for this week is this quote:

 "Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life." President Gordon B. Hinckley


I absolutely love this quote!! It is just so joyful and happy! And it reminds me to do all things cheerfully! Well time is almost out, but I just want you all to know that I love being a missionary! Through the hard long days, and through the most happy days, being a missionary is just the best thing ever! Well I love you all so much!! I'll talk to you next week! :D 

Love,
Sister Rook





The temple!! Two zones went, the Papillian zone and the Omaha West Zone!  






My cute companion and I!







Sister Bengtzen and I in the rain!

. I got to see Sister Jordan one more time! We were trying to imitate koalas in this picture.... hahahah 

Sister Draney!! 

We spent P-day yesterday with one of our members, she insisted that we had to do our nails.... 







No comments:

Post a Comment