Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, September 25, 2017

September 25, 2017


Plattsmouth Area!!

Hi Fam!! 

Wow. This week has been absolutely incredible! It was sad leaving the Pioneer Ward- the people there are absolutely amazing and I just loved them all so much, but it is so awesome coming into the Plattsmouth Ward and seeing how incredible this ward and the people are. I feel like everyone is so missionary minded- and they are here to "git er' done" haha. The love I already have for every single human is absolutely mind blowing. 

I just have one miracle to share with you this week! It was so incredible!
   Yesterday, Sunday, we were out trying some potentials before our dinner appointment. As we were walking to our car to try one last potential I had the thought that someone needed us on the street we were on, and that we needed to go finding right now. Well, I ended up shrugging off the prompting and we went and tried the last potential and then went to our dinner appointment. After dinner we had planned to be in one of our little towns, Cedar Creek, and to go finding over there- but we both felt that it wasn't the most effective thing we could be doing. So we said a prayer and I was reminded of the street that we were on earlier that day and how there was someone there who needed us. We drove over there and the first door we knocked on answered and her name was Mariah. She has a cute family with two little kids. She said she had a couple of minutes to where we could share a message with her, so as we were teaching the message of the Restoration she had tears in her eyes. After we taught the first vision she was crying. We were able to help her recognize that God had answered her prayers in the past and that he will continue to do so. She was so reassured by the fact that we can be with our families for eternity, and that she will be able to see her loved ones again. She also commented on how she had heard so many things about Joseph Smith but that she had never heard the First Vision before. She accepted a Book of Mormon and she is so excited to read it and to meet with us this week. That experience truly testified to me that God knows each of his children and that he is always there for us.

Of course there are so many other miracles that happen on the daily but that is one that touched my heart and helped me to recognize that I should never ever postpone a prompting! Sister Hamner is doing awesome! We are working on her self confidence/not doubting herself this week! She is such an awesome missionary and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve with her! I just love her so much already! 

Well, that is about it for this week. This upcoming week is going to be so incredible!! Thank you for all the support you give me!! I love y'all all the way from Plattsmouth and back!! Have the best week possible!! 

P.S. my new address is... 14220 Williamsburg Ct. #22, Bellevue NE, 68123
Letters would be much appreciated ;)

Love, 
Sister Rook

This is the Prestwich fam!! They are so incredibble!! 

Mama Gerlach and her fam!! 

Lawson Fam!! 

Mama and Papa Fergdog 

Saying Goodbye to Hector was literally the hardest thing ever! 

On Tuesday I got to go out with Sister Brinley for a couple of hours! It was so awesome! 

On Tuesday night I went on "exchanges" with Sister Bringhurst- it was fun being able to serve with her again.

Last selfie together

My daughter and granddaughter!! I literally have the best posterity! haha

Sister Hamner and I!! 

Five minutes of fun?

Five minutes of fun?

 Uno mas!

A member made us pumpkin pie that was made from his garden! 

General Women's session of conference!! 

Yay for cute companions! 

I think sharing clothes is the best thing about a companion :D 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment