Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, September 11, 2017

September 11, 2017


#BlessingsonBlessings #BugBitesonBugBites

Hi Fam!!

This week was pretty good- we taught some really awesome people and saw some really cool miracles!! It is always  so incredible to see the prepared people that Heavenly Father has put in our path and that we have the opportunity to teach them! 

1. On Tuesday we taught our investigator Shauna. Shauna is so awesome! She has little to no knowledge about the nature of God, so we have to start with the very basics with her. It is so incredible to see how she wants to learn about God for her family so that they can have a better life, and she knows that with God in her and her families life- that is how they will grow up to be better, and to make different choices than what she did growing up. She wasn't able to come to church this week, but she is super excited to, and her little girls are so excited to come to Primary and to just go to church in general! We are meeting with her this week so hopefully she can go to church on Sunday!! 

2. We saw Miguel this week! We were able to watch the Restoration video with him at a member's house and it was so powerful! We asked him how he felt and what he thought and he just said, "That was incredible, I absolutely love this!" He is so prepared! It is so amazing to see that he is so young but he recognizes the Holy Ghost and how it speaks to him and how it can bless his life. We are still trying to get written permission from his parents- but Miguel is just so excited to learn and grow and improve all the time!! 

3. Hector did Temple Baptisms this week and he was so excited!! He was able to be baptized for his Grandpa, then one of the youth was baptized for his Grandma. He felt the spirit so strongly, and he actually had a super spiritual experience of how he recognized the temple building and it felt like he had been there before (he has never been there before) and then when he was inside the dressing room he recognized that as well. He was pretty freaked out, but we just had to remind him that the veil is thinner than we think, and that he can never be too close to God, and how that was such a special experience. He is alright now! It is incredible to see where he came from and to watch him grow. I am so excited to see what is in store for him in the future!

Sister Banks and I are doing great! It is crazy to think that the transfer is almost up and that we have been together for almost twelve weeks! The time has flown by and it is incredible to see the changes and growth that have happened to both of us. Sister Banks is so awesome and I learn from her everyday of how I can improve and what I can change so I can be most effective. 

Funny Moments: 

1. This one is from last week but I learned how to start a lawnmower this week, and I was able to mow a part of Miguel's yard! It was so fun! Videos to follow :D
2. We had a dinner appointment with one of our members and they din't give us dessert, which is alright- I don't usually care. But this particular night I was craving dessert so badly! I didn't care what it was I just wanted some sugar! So after dinner we went to try this referral and one of our members was changing his tire, so we were able to help him and then share a message with his family, and afterwards he gave us cookies!! haha Heavenly Father knows me so well, and he blessed me even though  I complained about not getting dessert haha!
3. I got eaten alive by mosquitoes this week... hence the subject line... and we saw so many blessings this week as well!  

Spiritual Thought:

On Sunday, in one of the talks that was given the speaker said, "In order for you to recognize the blessings that God is granting you everyday, you cannot be complacent." Then he went on to say, "Do your best until you know better, then when you know better- do better." I love how this gospel is all focused and centered around Eternal Progression, that is the only way that we are going to reach the potential that we have to become like our Father in Heaven. It is so crazy to recognize that people change everyday with the choices that are before them and the decisions that they make everyday.I know that this gospel has blessed and changed my life so much. I thought that I had a pretty good life back at home but being able to truly "feast upon the words of Christ" and to share it with everyone has forever changed me into someone I can't even imagine! I am so grateful that we can always change and become better every single day! I am so grateful to have this opportunity to serve a mission and to to be a representative of my Savior. I know that this is his work upon the earth and that this is his restored church.  

Well, I think that is about it! I love you so much and I hope you have the best week possible! Please let Sister Banks and I know if we can ever do anything for you!! 

Love,
Sister Rook 

Look at me being all fancy with the cross thingy! 

Hector at the temple!!!



On the ride home from the temple! Brother Pearson found us on Instagram and Facebook... it was so odd to see social media again! 

Cezar and Sonia gave us fruit! They actually like us :D 

Of course we had to do a funny face!

This is the cutest little girl ever!! Her name is Natalie! 

We felt at home with these cacti... 

Me with a Chinchilla!

Sister Banks with a different Chinchilla!

We were feeding the birds!  

No comments:

Post a Comment