Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, September 18, 2017

September 18, 2017


6 weeks left... :D

Hi Fam!!

Wow. This week has been absolutely incredible!! There were just so many things that have happened! I hope y'all have had such a great week, and if not... then I hope this week will be better :D

Here are some of the highlight for ya! 

1. We taught Miguel this week and every time we go over there it just amazes me how excited he is to learn and how he is changing and growing. We brought Brother Conway and his son, Carson, who is 12 years old with us and it is so awesome what members can do that missionaries can't. Miguel just felt so much more comfortable, and the members always have a special spirit with them. We were so grateful for them to come with us. It is an interesting situation with him because since he is 12 years old we need written permission from the mom, and she hasn't exactly given that to us yet. She just says that it is fine that we teach him but she never joins in on the lessons or anything so we don't know what to do about that. 

2. We taught our Investigator, Robert, at our Recent Convert Hector's house. It just blows us away how incredible of a fellowshipper new members are. Hector is so excited to have the gospel in his life and he was just as persistent as us in wanting people to understand and accept the gospel! He said he would be going over to Robert's home a couple times a week to read the Book of Mormon with him because his eyesight isn't too great. It truly made our hearts so happy! Robert's big hangup on coming to church is that he doesn't feel comfortable- he is not the cleanest person so he doesn't want to be judged or anything like that so we don't really know how to help him. We have just been praying that as he reads from the Book of Mormon and as he prays that his heart will be softened. 

4. We had a lesson with Cesar and Sonia this week and we took a team up with us and it was so awesome! It was great fellowship! It was actually pretty interesting because our team up didn't say what was going on. He just spoke Spanish the whole entire time. So even though we weren't exactly sure what was being said we could still feel the spirit so strongly and we could tell that Cesar and Sonia did as well. They are still progressing- they come to church every week, read the Book of Mormon and say their prayers everyday. We are just waiting for them to get a couple of papers so that Sonia could become a citizen or so that they can get married, that is the only problem. 

5. We had exchanges this week and it was incredible!! I was with Sister Bengtzen! And it was a blast being together for a day again! We saw so many miracles, and I am always amazed at how much I learn from her and how so many people look up to her as well. She is such an incredible example to me and I am just so grateful for her and for the things that I was able to learn from her. 

6. Transfers are this week!! I am being transferred! I am going to Plattsmouth, Nebraska and I will be with SIster Hamner!! Sister Hamner came out with Sister Banks so she just got done training! I am so excited and so pumped! Sister Hamner is absolutely incredible and I feel so blessed to have the privilege to serve with her!! Sister Banks is staying in the Pioneer ward, and she will be training a brand new missionary!! I am SO excited for her!! 

Spiritual thought:

In my studies I was reading Helaman 13, and verse 6 stood out to me.  It says, "Yea, heavy destruction awaiteth this people, and it surely cometh unto this people, and nothing can save this people save it be repentance and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ, who surely shall come into the world, and shall suffer many things and shall be slain for his people." I absolutely love this verse because it shows that the Doctrine of Christ is that protection that we all need from the adversary. If we are striving to live the Doctrine of Christ then we will have that protection that we need and we will be on that path that leads to Exaltation, and being with our Father in Heaven! 


I know I said this last week, but I am so grateful for Sister Banks! She has been such a light to me and it has almost felt as if she was training me haha! I have been able to learn so much from her and I know that she is going to be an incredible trainer! I am so happy that I got to serve in the Pioneer Ward in Lincoln, Nebraska! It has been such a blessing serving here and I know that it has changed me so much! I am so excited for this next transfer and I know that I am just going to continue learning and growing and changing! Thank you for all the support y'all give me!! Please let me know if I can ever do anything to help you!! I love you to the moon and more!! 

Love, 
Sister Rook

We went bowling last Monday! It was so much fun!! 

We got to take a picture for our names, haha it was so funny! Our scores! Guess who won... Sister Rook DId!! I got the lowest score :D 

  
Exchanges with Bennie 

Of course we had to selfie! Bennie and Rookie reunited!! 

Exchanges were LITerally the best! haha 

These are the only pictures I got from District Meeting... They both aren't very good haha #sorryaboutit 

Another Disrict Picture! #bestdistrictever!!

Elder Lee and Elder Visnaw stole my camera... so this is what they get... Everyone seeing the pictures they took! haha 

It was cold and we got to wear long sleeves! #winteriscoming 

Because Hector is our Favorite human... we had to take pictures with him at church 


This morning we ran through the rain to Hurt's and got donuts! #wethinkwehealthy 

Selfie Time 

More pics of Hector at church! 

Cesar and Sonia!! 

We loved our outfits this day... but it is a super awk picture of us haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment