Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, June 5, 2017

June 5, 2017


I think I might have died this week.... but I'm not for sure.

Hi Y'all! 

I just gotta say... this week was a bit rough. I was out two days this week from being sick on Wednesday and Saturday, but now I am feeling so much better! Yay for the Priesthood and a whole lot of Faith! Wednesday I did not have any strength in me to hardly leave my bed- it was bad. Then on Saturday we had interviews with President Gardner, and his 2nd counselor was there. So my Zone leaders were like... "Sister Rook... you need a blessing, would you like one?! We definitely have the priesthood here!" So President Kearl had the Zone leaders do it, and I was super grateful for them! I was able to make it to Stake Conference that night, so that was good! 

This week we were able to meet with our investigator Jeff a couple of times. It was awesome being able to teach him about the Atonement and how it can bless him in his life. Things were starting to click and it was great- he was really starting to understand the gospel- at least just a little bit. We also found the PERFECT fellowshipper for him. He is the Elder's Quorum President in our ward, and they just hit it off so good! Jeff was set for June 17, and he had quit smoking and he had a ride for church all planned out and everything, then Sunday morning came around and he sent us a drop text... he just said he didn't want to waste our time or his, and that he wasn't ready for baptism. We tried getting in contact with him but he refused. It was pretty sad but you just gotta keep the Faith that Heavenly Father has such a better plan in store for him and for us, it just wasn't the right time for Jeff, and now we are going to find prepared people who are ready to hear the restored gospel!  

This week we had two pretty cool miracles!! and they both happened yesterday!! Right after stake conference ended Amelia, she's in the capital ward, found us and told us that one of our less active members was here and that we needed to talk to her. (Amelia is pretty close with her.) so we talked to her and set up a time to meet with her and then we had to go. Later that night Amelia calls us and said that the reason why we had to meet with Holly Omen (less active) is because she wants to go back to the temple super badly!! It was so exciting!! And it really just made us so happy! Later that night, we had about 15 minutes left of finding before we had to head home. We saw this guy sitting on his front step just looking at his phone. He looked kinda down so we thought we could bring him some light to his life! So we started talking to him and he is so awesome!! As we were testifying of how families can be together for eternity you could just see a light go in his eyes! It was so happy!  I would say he is about 25 or 26 and he has such a cute family!! He has a wife and two sweet kids! The only day he is available to meet is on Sunday, so we are most definitely going to try him again!  It was such a neat experience! 

In my studies today I found this really neat verse. It is Alma 44:4, "Now ye see that this is the true faith of God; yea, ye see that God will support, and keep, and preserve us, so long as we are faithful unto him, and unto our faith, and our religion; and never will the Lord suffer that we shall be destroyed except we should fall into transgression and deny our faith." While I read this I thought of a garden. I'm not very good at gardening and I don't have a ton of experience with it, but I feel like everyone in Nebraska loves it! So with the garden I thought of a tomato plant because it has a wire support around it. Our Heavenly Father is the wire support, and we are the little plant, and our faith is the nourishment that helps us to  grow and to reach our potential. In order for us to become what our Heavenly Father wants us to be, we have to keep relying on our faith and trusting that our Heavenly Father will always be there to support us! This was my first attempt with trying to diagram and it was so cool!! It definitely isn't the best.. but that is okay! 

Well, I think that is about it! I love you so much and thank you for all  you do for me! 
Love, 
Sister Rook

The only snow cone place in Lincoln, it was alright. 

This is Amelia. She is in a different ward than us but she LOVES going on team ups with Sisters. I just love her so much! 

Here you have Lincoln South Zone.. where Sister Bringhurst and Sister Rook are the only sisters! haha It is so much fun! And President Kearl joined in the pic as well! 

Training...

Interviews...

and..... Stake Conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment