Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

June 19, 2017


#justbeingrealIhavenoideawhattoputformysubject :D

Hi Y'all!!

   This week has been absolutely crazy! I feel like every week I say that! Regardless of the craziness, I have seen so many miracles this week and it has been absolutely incredible!! The first one started Monday evening. We were out trying potentials and finding as well and none of the potentials we were trying were home, but there were these two little boys about 11 years old that were playing outside. We were a little cautious about talking to them because they are kids so we decided to ask some referral questions to start out. We had already tried one of the boy's home and their family was not interested, but the other little boy, Ivan, was pretty interested! He expressed to us that he knew who Jesus was, but he didn't know who Jesus Christ was. We clarified and explained our purpose as missionaries. Ivan said, "I think my family will be interested in your message, can I show you where I live?" So we walked to his home a couple streets away and we were able to teach his sweet family (family of four) the Message of the Restoration of Jesus Christ. Ivan accepted baptism- unfortunately they weren't able to make it to church yesterday, but we are seeing them again tonight and we are all pretty excited!! 
   We had an incredible District Meeting this past week! It was about goals and planning, but Elder Pacheco put a huge emphasis on Charity. Before, I knew that planning was a huge way that we are showing Heavenly Father, and our investigators that we loved them and that we had charity for them, but after this district meeting I think that mind knowledge turned into heart and soul knowledge.  That is always such a good feeling when something finally clicks. I am always so excited to do planning now because I truly love every single person we have either met or talked to or are teaching. 
  On Tuesday we had exchanges and that was incredible! I was with Sister Gurr, and I not only learned so much from her but she was just able to help me so much! I have been pretty stressed and we were both able to think of ways to help not only myself, but Sister Bringhurst as well! It was so good! On Saturday we did a study exchange with the Capital Sisters as well. We had all prepared by reading chapters 2 and 4 of Preach My Gospel in the previous days, then on Saturday we were coming together to talk about it- it was pretty neat! 
   In my studies I am in Alma 46 and I love verses 12-13.   
 "And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it—In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children—and he fastened it upon the end of a pole."
"And he fastened on his head-plate, and his breastplate, and his shields, and girded on his armor about his loins; and he took the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat, (and he called it the title of liberty) and he bowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren, so long as there should a band of Christians remain to possess the land—" 
These two verses for some reason reminded me of my cross country coach, Coach Rivera and team captain, Katie. I guess I should give you some background first. Katie is just incredible!! She isn't a member of the church but she was just such a diligent person. She worked hard in practice and on her own and everyone looked up to her, and she was just able to motivate everyone! Coach Rivera is awesome as well! I remember so many times throughout practice he would say to all the girls, "You need to be a Katie"  In reference that we needed to be diligent like her or to run fast like her, or any other thing. So when I read these verses I thought of how diligent they both were and how they were both able to motivate us to work our hardest. And throughout this whole week whenever I was tired or impatient, I thought of these verses and how I needed to be a Moroni. It was pretty cool that it was able to help me out every single time! I don't know if that made sense to you, but it made sense to me!   
   There were so many other good things that happened this week but those are the things that are sticking out to me right now! Well, I think that is about it! Thank y'all for all the support you give me! And for all that you have done for me and continually do for me! I hope y'all have the best week possible!!! I love you!!

Love, 
Sister Rook 

Exchanges!!

Sister Gurr! 

#carselfies 

You gotta do a crazy face. 

Just for funsies 

Sister Myer!! She is the cutest!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment