Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 22, 2017


Well... I don't think I'm in Omaha anymore...

Hi Y'all!! 

 Well, transfers were this week, and something changed! I left Omaha! I am just so grateful for the opportunity that I had to serve in Omaha, and especially the Eagle Run ward! I have learned so much from the people there, and I will be eternally grateful! Eagle Run has a special place in my heart! I absolutely loved it there! Ahhh! Missions are just the best thing ever! Well, now I am in Lincoln, NE! It's the capitol and everyone who serves here calls it the Celestial Land- so it must be pretty good! I am in the Pioneer ward and it is a pretty neat ward! The Elders in this ward are Spanish speaking so it is almost like a Spanish branch as well, they have someone who translates for them and everything!  

With that being said... there is so much work to be done in the Pioneer ward! It is kind of mind blowing! I think in the past the sisters had been visiting with a lot of members and less actives, so it has been pretty rough... But, Sister Bringhurst and I are determined to change that! We have been doing a ton of finding, and we will continue to do so so that we can really get the work going! And we have seen so many miracles that have come of that! We have plans to work more with the members and their member missionary work! It is going to be so good!  

In my studies this past week I was in Alma Chapter 39, and this chapter is obviously talking about the Law of Chastity, but I related it to missionary work and it was actually pretty cool! In verse 1 it says, "And now, my son, I have somewhat more to say unto thee than what I said unto thy brother; for behold, have ye not observed the STEADINESS of thy brother, his FAITHFULNESS, and his DILIGENCE IN KEEPING THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD? Behold, has he not SET A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THEE?" What I got out of that was I always need to be diligent  in being exactly obedient, and I need to not only be setting a good example for the members that I am serving and my family back home, but I need to be setting a good example for other missionaries as well! Then the next couple of verses talk about how Corianton went about his work and he was relying on his own strength and he was prideful. And in missionary work, there is just no room for pride, you have to be humble and you HAVE to be relying on our savior Jesus Christ. And lastly, verse 4, "Yea, she did steal away the hearts of many; BUT THIS WAS NO EXCUSE FOR THEE, my son. THOU SHOULDST HAVE TENDED TO THE MINISTRY WHEREWITH THOU WAST ENTRUSTED" I just love that, while we are on our missions, all we need to be worrying about is our investigators and the people in our stewardship. We just need to focus on Missionary Work, and helping others come closer to Christ. I don't know if any of that made sense... but in my mind it did! 

This is my address!!

1331 G. St. #309
Lincoln, NE 68508

and the mission office address is 

11027 Martha St.
Omaha, NE 68144

Love, 
Sister Rook 

Transfers!









Sister Monroe and her new companion!






The Guerrero Fam! 

The Mattsons!! 

Sandi... and the Eagle Run Elders! 

I just love Sandi so much!! 


The Gill Fam!! 

The Deleons!! 

Last pic with Sister Monroe!

Generation pic! Sister Monroe is now training a new missionary!

First night together and our dinner was 5 guys! 

This is Joseph- he was brave enough to go finding with us for 2 hours in the rain! 

We picked cross streets to go finding at... and there were no houses to be seen... so five minutes of fun came in! 

My cute companion!! 

Mama Smith!!!

Taking out the new missionaries!! And president Gardner!!! 

Sister Atwater!! 

Sister Solko!

The Meyer Fam!! 

Papa Bruun!!! He cheated and he put his arm around me! It was so weird! haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment