Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15, 2017


Another Week Down!

Hi Y'all! 

This week has been so crazy but so so good! Here are some of my favorite miracles that have happened- they were so evident this week as we were out working!!

1. Every week I mention Katie, but that is because she has so much potential and she is starting to recognize it and live up to it! This past week we have seen her once and we are going to see her tonight as well. She is in so much awe of the gospel and how it has already helped her and how she is changing to live the gospel more fully in her life! By her taking the lessons it has almost started to reactivate her boyfriend. He has been expressing to her that he has more of a desire to come to church and that it would be awesome if he could be apart of the lessons as well! It made us so happy and it really showed me how the gospel can affect anyone no matter who it is. It reminded me of my purpose as a missionary when it says, "Your purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ." It doesn't say nonmembers, it doesn't say less active, or active members, it just says others and that includes every single person!! 

2. Holy Moly, a couple days ago we were trying one of our potential investigators, Daniel. We had an appointment with him but then he cancelled so we were trying him again, and it turns out that his girlfriend Kelsey lives with him. We were able to teach her the message of the Restoration, and she is interested in learning more! It was just awesome to see that both people are not only interested but they are excited to learn more!! So we will be going back later this week to teach them! It was also crazy because every time we have gone to this exact same house we always find another person who is interested in learning more about the gospel- this is the third time that it has happened! 

3. Don. He is crazy prepared. We had a lesson with him and we had brought a team up with us. He hadn't read from the Book of Mormon, so we read with him and committed him to pray to know if it was true. We tried doing it right in the lesson but he said he was uncomfortable praying but that we would definitely pray on his own, and he would pray during the next lesson. But since meeting with us he has really come to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for him no matter what it is, and even though he is going through trials right now, he knows that everything has a reason!! 

4. Lavonda has completely changed since we started meeting with her. At first she was completely closed off, and now she has opened up so much and she is truly coming to understand the gospel. The last lesson we had with her was awesome! She was asking so many questions and she told us it was finally starting to click with her!  We are planning on having a lesson at the Trail Center with her soon so that she can watch a video- that is how she really understands things! 

5. Saturday was insane!! There were so many miracles going on!! We had a lesson with our investigator Michelle Wright. She was taught by missionaries before and her hang up is Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  Last time we met with her we committed her to read 3 Nephi 11, and to pray about it. She ended up not doing it... so, we did it with her! As we were reading I kid you not she stopped us right in the middle of a verse and said, "Oh my goodness! This makes sense, so the bible is about people in Jerusalem, and the Book of Mormon is about the people in the Americas,  and it is in the same time period? I never knew that! I NEVER even thought of that! It just makes so much sense!" She then described it as a light bulb going off in her head! We then taught her about the Holy Ghost, and by the end of the lesson she was so excited to read chapter 12! It was an awesome experience!! Also on Saturday, Tracy ended up being baptized!! We found out about 3 days before Saturday and so that gave us enough time to find Sandi a ride to the baptism!! Also, the Elders asked Sister Monroe and I to teach the Restoration there and oh my heck. That was so powerful. The spirit was strong- I don't even have the words to describe it to you other than it was simply incredible. I could just feel the spirit so strongly in my heart, and the investigators that were there said they felt moved. It was a time when my heart was filled with complete joy! I want everyone to be able to feel that same spirit as they are learning from the missionaries and taking the lessons, and going to church.     

In my Studies this week I was in Alma chapter 37, and a couple of verses really stood out to me. Verses 38, 40, and 44, "38 And now, my son, I have somewhat to say concerning the thing which our fathers call a ball, or director—or our fathers called it Liahona, which is, being interpreted, a compass; and the Lord prepared it." When I read this I got to thinking what is my personal Liahona? And I came to the conclusion that it is the advice that I receive from my parents, and other family members. Then I realized while I'm out on a mission I don't always have the advice of my parents, but then I thought, yes I do!! I have a heavenly father who speaks to me ALL THE TIME!! and that is truly my Liahona!! Which leads us to verse 40, "And it did work for them according to their faith in God; therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day." It order for my Liahona to work, I need to be praying with faith! Otherwise I am not going to be able to recognize the advice that Heavenly Father is giving me! And lastly verse 44, "For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land." As I am listening to my Heavenly Father and the promptings I receive from him I will be led to be able to live with him again, the scriptures are a part of my Liahona, because it is Heavenly Father's advice to all of his children! This week I felt like I was truly able to feast upon the Words of Christ! 

Sorry this was super super long! I just learned so much and I had to tell you all about it! Thank you for all you do for me! I love you!!! 

Love, 
Sister Rook

Monroe Sign, we had to!!

Last District Meeting of the Transfer! 





Taco Johns!!! It is a Nebraska thing... SO good!! 

Tracy and her daughter Abigail!!! 

Pink Lemonade and Lucy left us a message!! 

What Lucy wrote hahaha

Bro DeLeon!! 

His Jehovah Witness Wife!!! I absolutely love her to pieces!! 

Skyping with mi familia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment