Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April 18, 2017


What the Dab happened this week?

Hi Y'all! 

 The subject of my email comes from Bob and Lucy's grandson. He loves to dab and on Saturday he said "What the Dab?" It was quite possibly the funniest thing I had heard that day! This week was absolutely insane! I don't even know where to begin! Oh!! Happy Easter!!! I hope everyone had the Best Easter possible!!! 

1. Mary Lentz- She had her Baptismal interview on Saturday... we just don't feel that she is ready yet, so we are postponing her her baptism for a couple more weeks.We are going to go over the lessons with her more slowly, and help her to gain her own testimony. A ton of other things went down with Mary this week... but it would take waaay to long to type out! Sorry! 
2. We had a lesson with our investigator, Sandi,and it was incredible! We taught her about the Word of Wisdom again, and we committed her to go from five cigarettes a day down to three. It was incredible giving her the promised blessing because I knew they were coming directly from the Lord. I don't even remember what I said, but I know it was exactly what she needed to hear. Experiences like that always make my heart so happy!  
3. This week our recent convert, Scott Warren, went to the Family History center and got some names to take to the temple!! He was so happy, and it made us so happy as well! He was supposed to get his recommend on Sunday, but his car broke down again- so he wasn't able to make it to church. It was so sad. There is a youth temple trip tomorrow (Wednesday, April 19th) so we are still trying to get him to meet with the bishop or one of his councilors so he can get his recommend before then! 
4. We visited with some less actives this week and they seem to be doing good. We are getting a lot of them into family history because of our stake goal/challenge- and they are loving it! So it is always a happy thing to see them find joy in the gospel, and to find joy in doing missionary work for the other side of the veil! We had exchanges yesterday (Monday) and they were so good! I was with Sister Firth and she just helped me so much. I was able to learn a ton from her and she gave me advice about training! It was way fun! 
5. I passed my year mark this week! It is crazy to think that last year on Easter, March 27th, I gave my farewell talk! Soooo many things have changed about me since then and it is such a happy thing! 
6. Sorry this email is so short! I am completely out of time! I'll try to write a better one next week! I love y'all! Thank you for all the support you give me! 

Love,
Sister Rook
Monday night dinner with the Freestone fam. This describes their family perfectly! haha They are the best humans ever! 

Tuesday was a wonky day... we needed some sonic ice cream in our life... yay for 5 minutes of fun! 

This week we were introduced to Taco pizza... this is what are reactions were after eating it... it was so stinkin good! Two of my favorite things combined! 

Zone Training, with our Title of Liberty! 

Just the sisters! :D 

Holy Moly. I hit my year make this past week! Saaay whaaat?! I still can't believe it! 

Me a year ago entering the MTC :) 

Another selfie of me 365 days later :D #howhasitalreadybeenayear?

Late night shenanigans! Late as in 9:30 :) #mysideoftheroomlooksmessybutIpromiseitsnot

Bob and Lucy let us join the Easter egg hunt they did with their fam! #wearetheiradoptedkids 

Just for fun! haha 


On our way to Bob and Lucy's Methodist church... 

Us at the Methodist church... haha it is so different 

Easter!!! 

Another picture! 

Us "dabbing" with our easter baskets. Bob and Lucy's grandson LOVES dabbing, so this is a tribute to him! 

Exchanges!! 

Love, 
Sister Rook  

No comments:

Post a Comment