Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016


Miracles, Zone Training, and Temple Trips Oh My!



Hey Everyone!!

This week was filled with so many things! It was so great! So it started out with a miracle! On Monday we went to Walmart to go buy our groceries and all that jazz, and Sister Wininger and I really wanted rice cakes but we had no idea where they were at. We asked a random worker named Richard and he had no idea either, so all three of us were running around Walmart asking all the workers where we could find these rice cakes, and finally we found them!! After we found them we thanked him for all the help he gave us and I gave him a'' Because He lives" card with our number and church address on the back. The next day he called us!! That was super exciting because we never get any phone calls. Sadly we didn't get to the phone in time to answer it but he left a message! He was asking what time church was and how long it was and all that jazz! Super legit! So we called him back and left him a message! We've been trying to get in contact with him all week... but we have not been able to... so hopefully we will see him at Walmart today!! On Wednesday we had zone training and it was sooo good! It was all based off a talk called, "The Fourth Missionary" by Lawrence C. Corbridge. It is soo good literally everyone should read it, especially missionaries! And lastly on Friday we got to go to the Temple!! It was soooo refreshing! I didn't realize how much I missed it! In my studies I ran across this quote and I absolutely loved it!! It is by President Russel M. Nelson in a talk called Becoming True Millennials, it says, "The true badge of courage is overcoming the fear of men." I love this so much, I feel like a lot of times I get so scared of talking to people or that they will reject me, but I just have to keep in mind that when we are in the spirit world no one will be mad at me for trying to share the gospel with them! Well I gotta go! I love you all so much! I'll talk to you next week!

Love,
Sister Rook

Omaha West Zone at the Temple!!














No comments:

Post a Comment