Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016

Hey Everyone!

I just want to say Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there and to all the future fathers :)

I survived my first transfer! Go Team!! That was a super exciting day! And guess who I saw at Transfers.... SISTER JORDAN!! When we saw each other we literally just starting screaming and running up to each other and hugging each other.... we probably screamed for a good 10 seconds or more. It was So much fun! Me and Sister Wininger are still companions in the same area! Yay!

This past week we were so determined to talk to everyone we saw so we decided to... ride bikes!! It was so good! We talked to so many people, and it was so much fun! It was super hot, but it was way worth it!

For our service this week we were able to help someone build a room! It was super fun! We were able to cut the 2 by 4's and put insulation in and everything, I loved it! Sister Wininger did not like it at all, so half way through we went upstairs and started making carrot cake cupcakes with the kids... it was alright... I just liked building the room more!

On Sunday we were invited to go to ward council. The topic was, "How to Keep the Sabbath Day Holy in our Home." and it was way good. One thing I loved that was said that everytime we partake of the sacrament and we try our best to keep the Sabbath day holy, we are preparing for our exaltation! The spirit was so strong, it was the perfect way to start our Sunday!

I came across this scripture in my studies and I absolutely loved it! It is in Doctrine and Covenants 59:21 and it says, "And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments." So it is basically saying that we can not take credit for anything we do, we have to give all the glory to God. I just loved that so much!

Well I'm almost out of time so I'll talk to you guys later! I love and miss you all so much!

Love,

Sister Kelsey Rook

                                                                               

                                                                        Pictures!! 
                                                                             
1. riding bikes!! #somuchfun #youshouldalltryit  
                                                                               
2. our "picture of the day" #pleaseexcusemyfaceandhair #ireallyneverhavetimetodomyhairormakeup #butiactuallycurledmyhairthisweek #butiforgottotakeapicture

                                                                                 
3. Riding bikes again! #goteam #winingerandrookforthewin
                                                                                 
4. Right before our service... I was super excited! #soexcitedijustcanthideit


5. SISTER JORDAN!!!!!!! #splendidanddelight #reunitedanditfeelssogood #everyonewassoconfused #istillcantbelieveisawher #itstilldoesntfeelreal




Alright well now I really have to go! Have a #greatweek and a #happyweek everyone! I love you!! :)




    



                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment