Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, October 30, 2017

October 30, 2017


I'm coming home, I'm coming home... tell the world i'm coming home...!

Hi Fam!!! 

This week was so incredible and always full of miracles, the Spirit, and everything else that you could imagine! It is just an absolute miracle being a missionary! I cannot believe that I fly home on Thursday.... I admit... I have had some freak out sessions... but I'm just going to say that is a normal thing for me to do! I hope y'all have had a great week this past week! I am so excited to hear all about it!  

Alright, I honestly have no idea what to say with this being my last time to email y'all. All I know is how grateful I am for all of you and for everything that y'all have done for me. I am so incredibly grateful for the support you have given me and for the letters and emails and packages and everything else! I am grateful for the memories that I have, and the things I have experienced while out here in Nebraska. I know that my mission was and is handpicked for me so that I could learn and grow and become the human that God needs me to be. My mission is already the foundation for the rest of my life and I know that without my mission I would not have grown or changed like I have in these past 18 months. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is a way of life- it is something that we need to be living every single day, not just on Sundays. It is the most simplest way to have joy in our life and for us to change. It is definitely not the most easiest thing to live but it is so much more worth it. It guides us and protects us- it is the quickest way for the Holy Ghost to be our constant companion. Fam, I am so thankful for the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon so stinkin much! This is the way to come closer to our Savior because it testifies of Him on every single page. Every time I study it, I am changed because of the truths that are taught. I am so incredibly grateful for the time I had to be set apart as a full time missionary, and I know that my service does not end here, but it is just beginning! Now I have the opportunity to serve those all around me and specifically my family now and my future family and helping them return to my Father in Heaven's presence! I know that Heavenly Father has a specific plan for each one of us and the gospel is the way for us to follow his plan! I am so incredibly grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and all that he has done for me and all that he continues to do for me. I know that the only way I can show my love for him and my Heavenly Father is by following them and expressing my gratitude for them! 

I am so grateful for everything! I guess this would be a gratitude email because that is all I am doing! haha I am so grateful for each one of y'all and all you have done for me! Please let me know if I can ever do anything for anyone! I love y'all so much!!! Y'all are the best!!!   

Love,
Sister Rook 

P.S. My Homecoming will be on the 26th of November! I would love to see any and all of you there!! I love you! 

We carved pumpkins on P-day!! It was pretty fun! 

Let me clarify... Hammie basically taught me how to carve a pumpkin! haha

The end results! 

It was SO COLD on Tuesday! I about died! 

Five minutes of fun? 

We had to get pumped up for finding... So I made Hammie take pictures with me haha  

Another random selfie of my cute comp and I 

Us at "Sisters" Cafe... get it... we're sisters hahaha 

Sister Tracy!!!! 

Fall Festival!!




We were each other! Surprise!! 

This is Warren. He is my favorite little dude! 

Quick shout out to my BroBro Scott! I love you mucho!! 

This is me holding a package of happiness from my mom!!! 

I had to take a selfie!! 

Last District Meeting!! AHHHH!!!! 

Of course we had to do a funny face.... I feel like this describes everyone pretty well! 

We went to Wendy's after d-meeting! 

This is the Klodnicki Fam!! I love them!! 

This is the Hinckley Fam!! They are the bomb! 

Our investigators Kylie and Kyle!! 

A little sneak peek of how I get ready everyday hahaha 

These ladies are my absolute favorite!! This is Sister Mitchell on the Left and Sister Gamper on the Right


Five minutes of fun! 

Another selfie! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment