Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, August 7, 2017

August 7, 2017

Hi Fam!!

I honestly feel as if every week keeps passing by faster and faster and it is freaking me out. I can't possibly have been out for 15 months already- I cannot leave Nebraska in just 3 short months. It just makes me want to be as diligent as I can be so I can truly make the most of every single second that I have here. It is just absolutely so crazy how fast time flies! I am just so grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve my Heavenly father and that I am able to do the Lord's work at this time! 

Because this week went by so fast I am having such a hard time remembering what happened! I am so sorry! Lately it seems as if we have been meeting the most neat people and they have a desire to learn and they just aren't set for baptism- so that is something that we are striving to work on is setting our investigators for baptism- I mean that is our purpose to do that... so I don't know why they aren't set!! 

The coolest miracle happened with Hector yesterday. After gospel principles he came up to Sister Banks and I and said he wanted to talk to us outside. Of course in our minds we go to the worst case scenario, that he wanted to drop us. But in reality it was the exact opposite! He said that he felt he was ready to make this huge commitment and be baptized! He now recognizes that he has felt the Holy Ghost in his life and that he wants to  be a part of Christ's church! It was such a happy moment and it is so incredible to see the changes that he has made and the changes that he is going to make! He had a huge change of heart!!  Watching people use the Atonement in their lives it just the most incredible thing ever! On Saturday we also stopped by his house and he asked about tithing and fasting before we had even taught it to him, and on Sunday he was fasting! It was so amazing!

Sister Banks is doing so awesome! It is always so fun to see the changes that your companion goes through and you go through throughout out the transfer! She has such a strong desire to be exactly obedient rather than murmuring about having to be obedient! It is truly the best thing ever! We are so excited for this upcoming transfer and all the things that are going to happen!! 

In my studies I was reading in Alma 62:41. Part of this verse says, "many had become hardened, because of the exceedingly great length of the war; and many were softened because of their afflictions." I got to thinking about food... because I love food :D And first I thought of an egg and how when you boil it... it becomes hard. Then I thought of a potato and how when you boil that it become soft and I realized when you go through a trial or a challenge it is not the trial that makes who you are but it is the way you act during that time that determines who you will become. That's my little spiritual thought for the day. 

Sorry this is so short and not very detailed this week. Thank you for all that you do! I love you so much!! 

Love,

Sister Rook 

Preparation day!! 

Last district Meeting of the transfer!! 

Since it was Elder Jone's last District meeting (He finishes his mission on Wednesday) we threw him a party, and it is also his birthday on the 28th so we had to celebrate it with him in Nebraska as well! His crown say #1 dad haha 

Selfie time!! 
Another district picture outside! 

Yankee Hill and Holmes Lake Elders #bestdistrictever

This was the day we locked ourselves out of our apartment, we spilt food all over ourselves, all of our appointments canceled and so much more haha we still had a great day though! 

McDonald's hamburgers! haha 

Yet another selfie 

#sundayisthebestday 

Matt and Cindy and Jeriah! 

#webetwinning

Missionaries from California  #westcoastbestcoast we were trying to do gang signs... Elders Jones wasn't too pleased hahaha 

Another selfie 

This is Hector- he is one of our favorite Humans!! 

This is the Conway family! They are so cute!! 

#anotherselfie

This is Amelia! We were twinning!  

This is Elder Visnaw taking crazy pictures 

And here we have Elder Visnaw taking pics of Elder Jones haha 

#twinningagain!! The beautiful dresses my mama sent us!! 

We had a pass off lesson this morning! 

The dresses my mom made for Sister Basinger and Sister Ibanez!

No comments:

Post a Comment