Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Monday, July 17, 2017

July 17, 2017


I have no idea what to put for the subject this week :D

 Hi Fam!! 

Oh my Goodness. This week has just been truly incredible! Holy Moly. There were so many miracles that we saw! I am so excited for this upcoming week as well, with Trainer Trainee and Zone Conference! It is going to be the best!! 

There are three specific miracles or the highlights of the week that I want to share with you!

1. Monday we were out finding, and it was about 7:20  and we decided that we were going to try one more house before we drove to our appointment. Well, we tried one more house and they ended up rejecting us. Sister Banks then says to me, "Well, that means we have to try one more house then!" We looked around and we both felt impressed to try the house across the street. The man answered the door and his name was Jamie (pronounced hay-me, he is from Guatamala) He speaks very good English, so we were super excited that we would be able to teach him and his family rather than passing him off to the elders. We taught him the Restoration and he expressed to us that he had read the Book of Mormon 20 years ago! He was excited to have another book, and he asked for one in Spanish because it was easier for him to read. He wasn't able to come to church on Sunday, but we are seeing him this week! Also, during weekly planning Sister Banks and I both felt impressed to pass him off to the elders, we don't want to haha but we are going to be obedient to the promptings of the spirit. We know that the Elders should teach him for some reason!

2. The next miracle is during the car fast! We both wanted to explore a part of our area that we hadn't been to yet. So we drove out there and it was all pretty much farm land. I have to be honest my faith was kind of wavering. I didn't know what we were going to do for the whole 7 hours that we were going to be in that area. So we got out of 
 the car and we must have talked to every house that was close by, the houses were pretty spread out... but we did it! We came back and did 12 week and comp and had lunch and all that then we had about and 1 hour left. We knew that someone was in this area that needed us so we were going to find them! I felt a little "iffy" about trying the houses across from a Buddhist worship center but Sister Banks and I felt that we needed to. On the second to the last door we knocked, we met Victor! He is from Russia, and we were able to teach him the Message of the Restoration! He committed to be baptized on July 29th! It was so awesome to recognize that we needed to be in that area for a reason even if it was just for Victor! He couldn't make it to church, so we will have to change his date, but we were able to see him on Saturday as well!  

3. The last miracle is Hector!! He was able to come to church on Sunday, and he absolutely loved it!! The speakers in sacrament meeting were supposed to speak on the importance of being worthy to hold a temple recommend, but instead one of them just shared his conversion story. It was absolutely perfect, and Hector went up after sacrament meeting and gave him the biggest thank you! After church he came up to me and told me that he absolutely LOVED priesthood meeting and that we would definitely see him at church next Sunday. It was just incredible to see our ward switch, I was a little worried that the ward wouldn't fellowship anyone if they came to church, but I was so surprised. And I was so grateful! I definitely need to work on my faith and stop doubting! 

Sister Banks is doing awesome! One of her goals this week is to not complain about having to be obedient, and she has been doing great! It has helped her to see that she doesn't have to be obedient grudgingly- but that by being obedient is how she will have the most joy on the mission! It is something that I am continually working on myself! Overall, I am just so thankful for her and what she has taught me! 

In my studies this week I drew another diagram!! That morning for workout we had run around the capital building and then we had run up and down the stairs at the building about 20 times. Needless to say my legs were on fire haha. So naturally my diagram was a ton of stairs and each step had a part of the Doctrine of Christ. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, and the Holy Ghost. and then I had drawn arrows going up the stairs and down the stairs and that represented Enduring to the End. I recognized that if Sister Banks and I had just gone up and down the stairs just once- that would have been good, but going up and down them multiple times was better because it kept us going and we were able to have a better work out. Well, it is the same way with the Doctrine of Christ. It is okay if you just live it once, but how much better is it if you keep on living it over and over again? You would just have continual joy! 

Well, I think that is about it for this week! Just know that I love y'all so much! Thank you for all the support you give me!! Also, I would love to hear what is going on in all y'all's lives! My address is...

1331 G. St. #309
Lincoln, NE 68508 

Love,
Sister Rook


Interviews and District Meetings!

 

This was us on car fast day... we were in the middle of nowhere! I am pretty sure we passed by 2 dairy farms to get to where we wanted to go! haha 

This was the Buddhist worship center that we found haha 

Another pic of the Buddhist worship center! 

Us during our dinner break yesterday... we were going a little cray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment