Sister Rook

Sister Rook

Thursday, April 21, 2016

April 13, 2016

Hey Mom and Dad,  and everyone else! I only have ten minutes to email today, but i just wanted to let you know that i absolutely love it here! My companion is Sister Draney, and she is seriously like the best person ever, and we are basically twins! So far today we have gotten to know each other, eaten dinner... which was at like 4:30... yikes... I was sooo not used to that! After dinner we were able to unpack, that was super easy with the packing trick that I used, and none of the other sisters that I'm rooming with knew how to do that! By the way there are 2 companionships to a room. I kinda forgot their names... oops... but they are all super nice and outgoing and its like we are already best friends! Well time is basically out, but our P day is Wednesday so I will talk to you then! I love and miss you so much!
Sister Rook    


April 20, 2016

(Read the first part like its the song "loathing" from Wicked) 

My dear family. There's been some confusion over rooming here at the MTC But of course I'll care for others, and of course Ill rise above it, for I know that's how you'd want me to respond... yes! There's been some confusion for you see my companion is... unusually and exceedingly peculiar and all together quite impossible to describe... My twin! My companion is Sister Draney and we are basically like the same person, it is just so much fun! We get along so well so that makes it SO much easier to adjust. She is from Salt Lake City or Murray actually so thats pretty cool. She is like a proper person, and I am not... so its fun and interesting!  But Oh my goodness! I have only been here one week and it feels like I have been here forever! I absolutely love the MTC. I have learned way more than I ever could have expected in just one week, and I am so excited for the next week and a half to be able to grow and learn even more! The MTC isn't as crazy as I thought it would be. I'm rushing around a lot, mostly because me and Sis. Draney have problems with being on time... but we are working on it! I have basically given up hair and make up because there is just nooo time to get ready in the morning.. buts thats okay! The mission isn't about me, its about helping other people Come unto Christ! Im basically in the same classroom for 9 hours everyday but it is all so worth it! So as some of you know I was able to go to a doctor to get my gluten allergy fixed! So now I can start slowly eating gluten! I have tried goldfish, little pieces of cookies, pieces of donuts an tonight I am trying my first cheese it! I can honesty say I have been missing out on so much! Gluten filled food is pretty much the best thing ever! Well my time is about up D: emailing goes so fast. Ill try to have a better email next week! I love and miss all of you guys so much! Oh! there is a website called deareder.com and i you use it they print out the email as if it were a letter! And I have way more time to respond to letters, so once again my address is.....
Sister Kelsey Jo Rook
MAY02 NE-OMA
2005 N 900 E Unit 54 
Provo UT 84602 
Letters would be much appreciated! I love you all!
Sister Rook 
P.S. I'll try to send pics next week, the computer wasn't working.  

No comments:

Post a Comment